The Healthy St. Mary’s Partnership Behavioral Health action team recognizes the work of one of its members, the Community Alcohol Coalition (CAC). CAC has been actively working on reducing underage and binge drinking in St. Mary’s County. The CAC is comprised of community members, parents and youth, as well as agencies and non-profits from the region including: MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital, Naval Air Station Patuxent River, St. Mary’s County Department of Aging and Human Services, St. Mary’s County Health Department, St. Mary’s County Licensed Beverage Association, St. Mary’s County Public Schools, St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office, State Highway Administration, The Alcohol Beverage Board of St. Mary’s County, Walden Behavioral Health and more! The group meets monthly to continue to fulfill its mission of the following:
- Create community consensus about alcohol problems in our community.
- Identify underlying factors that contribute to those problems.
- Identify and analyze environmental, social, and individual factors that contribute to the problems.
- Increase the likelihood that the coalition will select and implement policies and practices that actually will reduce Alcohol problems in our community.
- Establish baseline information to track the coalition’s progress.