The Healthy St. Mary’s Partnership (HSMP) is requesting abstract submissions for the Poster Showcase at the 2017 HSMP Annual Meeting, set for September 21, 2017, in California, MD.
The HSMP Annual Meeting is an opportunity for participants to network, learn from public health experts and receive updates on coalition-wide business. The HSMP Annual Meeting features learning sessions from distinguished presenters on topics related to the four health priority issues in St. Mary’s County: Access to Care, Behavioral Health, Healthy Eating & Active Living and Tobacco Use. For more information on the HSMP Annual Meeting, please visit: http://healthystmarys.com/hsmpannual2017.
This year, we want to hear how you or your organization is working to improve local health! The Poster Showcase is an open session featuring visual presentations of recent program initiatives, research findings, and other information of interest and importance to the Healthy St. Mary’s Partnership action teams. These visual presentations allow the author(s) to meet and speak informally with interested viewers, facilitating a greater exchange of ideas and networking opportunities than with oral presentations. The Poster Showcase will be staged in the Center Hall Gallery, a very high visibility area during the event.
Please review the following information for the Poster Showcase and then submit your poster proposal by 5:00 PM EDT on Friday, July 14, 2017 for consideration. The HSMP Steering Committee will review poster proposals and make selections for presentations at the Annual Meeting. An email to confirm acceptance status will be sent by July 31, 2017.
Let 2017 be your year to share exciting information on an innovative program, effective outreach strategies, noteworthy research, or other news with your colleagues. For questions or assistance, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 HSMP Annual Meeting
Poster Showcase & Abstract Information
- July 14, 2017– Deadline for abstract submissions
- July 31, 2017 – Applicants notified by e-mail of presentation acceptance or rejection
- September 15, 2017– Deadline to submit final poster copy in PDF format
- September 21, 2017– Presentation of accepted posters
General Information for Poster Presenters
- You must be a registered attendee of the HSMP Annual Meeting to present your poster. Register at: https://hsmpannual2017.eventbrite.com
- You are responsible for all of your own materials, including the printing of your poster and any handouts to support your presentation
- A PDF version of final posters must be submitted on September 15, 2017 and full poster content will be published on the HSMP website approximately one week after the event
Poster Session – September 21, 2017
- Posters will be on display in the foyer area near program sessions.
- Presenters will be pre-assigned a display area. Additional information on poster layout, size requirements, printing options and handout materials will be provided with confirmation of poster acceptance on July 31, 2017.
- Presenters must set up their posters between 7:30 – 8:00 a.m. the day of the event
- Poster presenters must be at their boards from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. for discussion and questions. It is suggested that presenters also be available to answer questions during break times scheduled throughout the event.
- Presenters may take down their posters after 1:00 p.m. and no later than 3:00 p.m.
Criteria for Poster Abstract Submissions
- The poster presents information on research findings, program implementation and results, or innovative solutions related to health improvement
- Poster content is relevant to one or more of the priority health areas in St. Mary’s County: Access to Care, Behavioral Health, Healthy Eating & Active Living or Tobacco Use/Exposure to Secondhand Smoke.
- Priority will be given to presentations that specifically address objectives or strategies in the Healthy St. Mary’s 2020 local health improvement plan.
A committee will review all submissions and evaluate them on:
- Relevance in terms of the priority health issues facing St. Mary’s County
- Substance and clarity of content
How to Submit an Abstract
- Complete the online submission form for your poster at: http://bit.ly/PosterAbstractHSMP2017 by July 14, 2017.
- Submissions require contact information, a brief poster description and identification of which HSMP 2020 topic, objective or strategy are addressed.
- Incomplete or late submissions will not be reviewed.